Sweating…the new black
When did sweating become the cool thing to do?
Was it when Pamela Anderson strut her stuff on the beach in Baywatch or when skincare brands started releasing moisturisers that gave us the “Dewy” look?
Or was it when excreting excess fluid through the pores of our biggest organ revealed a glowing body that were to be free from toxins and a true picture of health?
In this modern day and age we now have a variety of ways to get our sweat on so we can all experience the many benefits of cleansing our organs.
Whether it is from attending a cross-fit class, sitting in your own personal sauna (thanks to the many company’s that are creating quality low cost saunas out there at the moment), running a marathon or now the more effortless way; attending a hot yoga session.
Lets just touch on some of the benefits of a typical hot yoga session!
The mitochondria (power plants of the cells) produce more ATP (energy currency of the cells) when NIR (near infrared rays) is introduced. (1,2)
Reduces body fat
A group of 20 women riding stationary bicycles 3 times per week for 4 weeks exposed to NIR lost an average of 8 cm’s or 444% more as compared to 20 women doing the same exercise without NIR. (3)
NIR activates the color sensitive chemicals (chromophores & cytochrome systems) to depths of 23 centimeters (or about 10 inches), stimulating the energy processes in cells. (1)
Improved circulation to the muscles
NIR causes the release of nitric oxide. This stimulates vasodilatation of the microcirculatory system, bringing more blood to the muscles. (4)
Muscle fatigue was reduced by up to 42.2% when exposing muscle to NIR. (5,6)
Growth hormone release is induced by an increase in body temperature and not by exercise itself. Growth hormone increases muscle mass, calcium retention, and lipolysis (the breakdown of stored fat). (14)
Faster Recovery time
Certain tissue regenerating genes including integrins, laminin, gap junction proteins and kinesin proteins have shown a two- to five-fold increase upon exposure to NIR. (7,8)
Workout in less time
Due to increased production of ATP and quick dilation of the microcirculatory system, a person can lessen warm-up time and work at a higher level of exertion without increasing blood pressure. (1,9,10)
Detoxify the body
Increased blood circulation stimulates the sweat glands, releasing built-up toxins and waste. Sweat is the only way to remove certain carcinogenic PCBs, dioxins, phthalates, and volatile organic hydrocarbons. (11)
Reduced Visible Cellulite
Cellulite is fat mixed with toxins that are trapped, in part due to an underactive circulatory system. Cellulite is so visible, in part due to weakened connective tissue. NIR helps rebuild connective tissue and has been shown to reduce cellulite. (12)
DNA Synthesis of fibroblasts, which affects the elasticity of skin, increase five-fold with NIR. The result is younger-looking, more beautiful skin. (1,7)
Lessens Joint and Muscle Pain & Increases Flexibility
Penetrating heat from NIR has long been proven to reduce pain and increase circulation to areas of discomfort. NIR has also been shown to significantly increase the range of flexibility. (13)
The best part about this situation is that all the above benefits will be given with the amount of effort that you would like to put in. So it means that even if you feel a little tired, you can adjust your practice to your energy levels at the time. You will quickly find that your energy will increase throughout your practice allowing you to push yourself further to the limit that you would like to be at in that time.
To sum it up, if you like to fit allot into your daily life however still want to maintain a healthy and toned bod without dedicating more than three hours per week of exercise. Attend at least 3 yoga sessions at Harlow Hot Yoga, along with a balanced diet and you will be very surprised at how easy amazing results will be.
1. Whelan H.T., Buchmann, E.V., et al, NASA Light-Emitting Diode Medical Applications From Deep Space to Deep Sea
2. Wong-Riley M.T., Bai, X., et al, Light-Emitting Diode Treatment Reversed the Effect of TTX on Cytochrome Oxidase in Neurons
3. Mockel F., Hoffmann G., et al Einfulss von Wassergefiltertem Infrator A auf die Reduktion von Lokalem Fett und Korpergewicht unter Korperlicher Belastung
4. Gilligan D.M., Panza J.M., et al, Contribution of Endothelium-derived Nitric Oxide to Exercise-Induced Vasodilation
5. Lopes-Martins R.A., Marcos R.L., et al, Effect of Low Level Laser on Skeletal Muscle Fatigue Induced by Electrical Stimulation in Rats
6. Abou-Hala A.Z, Barbosa D.G., et al, Effects of the Infrared Lamp Illumination during the Process of Muscle Fatigue in Rats
7. Wong-Riley M.T., Whelan H.T., Effect of 670-nm Light Emitting Diode Light on Neuronal Cultures
8. Buchmann E.V., Dhokalia A., et al, Effect of NASA Light-Emitting Diode Irradiation of Molecular Changes for Wound Healing in Diabetic Mice
9. Savard, G.K., Nielsen B., et al, Muscle Blood Flow is not reduced in Humans during Moderate Exercise and Heat Stress
10. Hannuksela M.L., Ellahham S., Benefits and Risks of Sauna Bathing
11. Rogers S., Reversing the Neuro-degeneration from Ubiquitous Environmental Endocrine Disruptors
12. Alster T.S., Tanzi E.L., Cosmetic Laser Therapy
13. Demura S., Noguchi T., and Matsuzawa J., Effect of Linear Polarized Near-infrared Irradiation on Flexibility of Shoulder and Ankle Joints
14. Christensen S.E., Jørgensen O.L., et al, Characterization of Growth Hormone Release in Response to External Heating
The above information was extracted from an article written by Dr Wilson.
*10 day expiry from first visit. Strictly one intro pass per client.
Nothing is more important than feeling good.
This post has already been read 5142 times!