CHECK OUT HOW THE FAR INFRARED
HEAT (FIR) WORKS FOR YOU
Even if you lay on your mat throughout your
class the whole time.
Even if you lay on your mat throughout your
class the whole time.
The human body needs adequate doses of radiant heat rays to
function properly, along with most other forms of life on the planet.
These natural rays of light energy are hidden from sight because
they’re just below what we humans can see as color.
What is important to understand is how vital this natural
light energy is to your health and longevity. You already
know that your body is made-up of billions of individual cells.
It has a direct and positive influence on the functioning of cells.
Meaning, if you can improve the metabolic health of individual
cells in your body, imagine what the accumulative affect could be?
Helping to improve and enhance the health of individual cells in
your body can dramatically improve overall cellular functioning and your health.
It turns out; specific wavelengths of Far Infra-red heat (9-14 microns) are
vibrating at the same intrinsic frequency as your own cells. So through a natural
phenomenon, know as “resonance absorption”, you get a boost or “spark” to
your internal engine.
Far Infra-red rays fire up your cellular metabolism.
The really cool part of all this biological occurrence is your cells
only absorb rays of radiant heat that match it’s own frequency. So if
the heat energy waves aren’t the same, they pass harmlessly straight
through the tissues.
The radiant energy that is absorbed improves overall
cellular performance. The whole metabolic process perks up everything
from better enzyme production to the elimination of waste
by products and toxins.
FIR causes the release of nitric oxide. This stimulates vasodilatation
of the microcirculatory system, bringing more blood to the muscles. (4)*
A group of 20 women riding stationery bicycles 3 times per week for 4
weeks exposed to FIR lost an average of 8cm’s or 444% more as compared
to 20 women doing the same exercise without FIR. (3)*
FIR activates the colour sensitive chemicals (chromophores & cytochrome
systems) to depths of 23 centimetres (or about 10 inches), stimulating the
energy processes in cells. (1)*
The mitochondria (power plants of the cells) produce more ATP
(energy cellulite) is fat mixed with toxins that are trapped, in part due to an
underachieve circulatory system. Cellulite is so visible, in part due to a
weakened connective tissue. FIR helps rebuild connective tissue
and has been shown to reduce cellulite. (12)*
FIR has also been shown to significantly
increase the range off flexibility. (13)*
Growth hormone release is induced by an increase in body temperature
and not by exercise itself. Growth hormone increase muscle mass, calcium
retention, and lipolysis (the breakdown of stored fat. (14)*
Muscle fatigue was reduced by up to 42% when
exposing muscle to FIR (5,6)*
Certain tissue regenerating genes including interns, laminin, gap junction
proteins and kinetin proteins have shown a two-to-five-fold increase upon
exposure to FIR. (7,8)*
Due to increased production of ATP and quick dilation of the microcirculatory
system, a person can lessen warm-up time and work at a high level of exertion
without increasing blood pressure. (1,9,10)*
Increase blood circulation stimulates the sweat glands, releasing
built-up toxins and waste. Sweat is the only way to remove certain carcinogenic
PCB’s, dioxins, phthalates, and volatile organic hydrocarbons. (11)*
The mitochondria (power plants of the cells)
produce more ATP (energy currency of the cells)
when FIR is introduced. (1,2)*
DNA synthesis of fibroblasts, which affects the
elasticity of the skin, increasefive-fold with FIR. The
result is younger-looking, more beautiful skin. (1,7)*
Penetrating heat from FIR has long
been proven to reduce pain and increase
circulation to areas of discomfort. (13)*
1. Whelan H.T., Buchmann, E.V., et al, NASA Light-Emitting Diode Medical Applications From Deep Space to Deep Sea
2. Wong-Riley M.T., Bai, X., et al, Light-Emitting Diode Treatment Reversed the Effect of TTX on Cytochrome Oxidase in Neurons
3. Mockel F., Hoffmann G., et al Einfulss von Wassergefiltertem Infrator A auf die Reduktion von Lokalem Fett und Korpergewicht unter Korperlicher Belastung
4. Gilligan D.M., Panza J.M., et al, Contribution of Endothelium-derived Nitric Oxide to Exercise-Induced Vasodilation
5. Lopes-Martins R.A., Marcos R.L., et al, Effect of Low Level Laser on Skeletal Muscle Fatigue Induced by Electrical Stimulation in Rats
6. Abou-Hala A.Z, Barbosa D.G., et al, Effects of the Infrared Lamp Illumination during the Process of Muscle Fatigue in Rats
7. Wong-Riley M.T., Whelan H.T., Effect of 670-nm Light Emitting Diode Light on Neuronal Cultures
8. Buchmann E.V., Dhokalia A., et al, Effect of NASA Light-Emitting Diode Irradiation of Molecular Changes for Wound Healing in Diabetic Mice
9. Savard, G.K., Nielsen B., et al, Muscle Blood Flow is not reduced in Humans during Moderate Exercise and Heat Stress
10. Hannuksela M.L., Ellahham S., Benefits and Risks of Sauna Bathing
11. Rogers S., Reversing the Neuro-degeneration from Ubiquitous Environmental Endocrine Disruptors
12. Alster T.S., Tanzi E.L., Cosmetic Laser Therapy
13. Demura S., Noguchi T., and Matsuzawa J., Effect of Linear Polarized Near-infrared Irradiation on Flexibility of Shoulder and Ankle Joints
14. Christensen S.E., Jørgensen O.L., et al, Characterization of Growth Hormone Release in Response to External Heating
The above information was extracted from an article written by Dr Wilson.
If you have an injury, please see your doctor first to make sure Hot Yoga or Hot Pilates will be beneficial to your rehabilitation. Once you have the go ahead, whenever you are attending class. Please let your teacher know every time about your injury so that they can make sure any movements will be beneficial to your recovery and not cause any pain. If you are experiencing pain at all, please stop right away. Continue on with the class if you are not experiencing any pain. Please let your teacher know after.
Our heating is different to most studio’s in which heat to a 40 degree heat. We chose the Far Infrared heat for it’s amazing health benefits. It is a gentle heat, and the way our heating works is that when you walk into our studio, it doesn’t feel hot. It feels fresh. That is because we are clean freaks 🙂 and also because the Far Infrared heats objects (including the floor walls, your body). So when you start to move, your body will warm from within. The more you move the hotter it gets, so you can have control over your body temperature by allowing yourself to cool down (having 30 second breaks throughout your class as you need them).